Lunch links: Risk, reward at Texas Tech?
April, 5, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
SoonerNation's Brandon Chatmon filling in for Mr. Ubben with today's lunch links.
- Texas Tech is taking a high-risk, high-reward approach on defense. Expect the Red Raiders to bring pressure from all angles in 2013 writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- The Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza has a interesting look at how West Virginia defensive coordinator Keith Patterson tries to disrupt spread offenses with his version of the 3-4 defense.
- Iowa State defensive tackles' coach Shane Burnham had a recurring nightmare heading into spring ball yet things haven't turned out as bad as he expected as the Cyclones look to replace two starters in the middle. Bobby La Gesse has the story for the Ames Tribune.
- Iowa Board of Regents President Craig Lang says he was first told of potential NCAA violations by Iowa State president Steven Leath last summer, according to this report from Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register. On Tuesday, ISU announced it had self-reported 79 impermissible phone calls to the NCAA.
- Junior college transfer Chris Martin is looking to make his mark at Kansas' new "Buck" position this season. Jeff Deters of the Topeka Capital-Journal looks at the new position and Martin's potential role on the Jayhawks' defense.
- Oklahoma State's defense is hearing another voice from the sidelines this spring with the addition of defensive line coach Joe Bob Clements writes Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World.
- The Cowboys' quarterbacks are getting used to new offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich reports Jason Elmquist of the Stillwater NewsPress.
- Former Texas' quarterback Vince Young talks about the ups-and-downs of his NFL career and his desire to return to the league.