- Dan Graziano, ESPN New York Giants reporter
- 0 Shares
The new Power Rankings are out. Let's see how our teams did this week.
7. New York Giants (Last week: 10). Justin Tuck said after Sunday's victory over the Saints that the Giants have been on a "roller coaster," and indeed they have. Up two weeks ago after beating the Packers, down last week after losing to the Redskins, back up this week after dropping 52 on the Saints. No one knows what to make of this Jekyll-and-Hyde team, but with three weeks to go they're right where they want to be -- in front in the division and with their destiny in their hands. I had them at 8 last week and 7 this week. Ashley Fox ranks them No. 6. Mike Sando and John Clayton have them 8th.
12. Washington Redskins (14). A fourth straight win -- this one at home over the Ravens came with a bad portent in the form of a knee injury to star rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. If he has to miss games, that's a big threat to the Redskins' ranking here as well as their playoff hopes. But the Redskins are over .500 and have played very well for the past month, so their highest ranking of the season so far is no surprise. I had them 12 last week and moved them up to 10, one spot ahead of the Ravens, who they just beat. That 10 is their highest ranking among our five voters. Clayton and Ashley each have them 15, which is the lowest.
13. Dallas Cowboys (16). Another suddenly hot NFC East team on the verge of playoff contention, the Cowboy have won four out of five to achieve their highest ranking since Week 6. Can that ranking survive a tough test against the Steelers on Sunday? Can it survive the injuries that continue to batter the roster? We shall see. I ranked them No. 13, as did everyone else in our poll except Clayton, who has them 14th.
27. Philadelphia Eagles (30). A win! At long last, the Eagles get to move back up a couple of notches after breaking their eight-game losing streak Sunday in Tampa. Perhaps rookie Nick Foles can quarterback them back toward respectability before it's all said and done. I have them 27, as does everyone else but Ashley, who has them 28.
The new Power Rankings are out. Let's see how our teams did this week.7. New York Giants (Last week: 10). Justin Tuck said after Sunday's victory over the Saints that the Giants have been on a "roller coaster," and indeed they have.