25th New England Indoors: Holmes' blazing triple tops great night in Boston
March, 3, 2012
Jack PriorPrecious Holmes CT rolls to an impressive US#2 600 win, part of a great New Englands triple.
Coverage of the 2012 New England Indoor Championships
Friday, March 2, 2012 -- Reggie Lewis Center, Boston MA
LINKS: Jack Prior Photos: BOYS | GIRLS
Full Results | DyeStat Elites | Meet Site
- G-300/600/4x400: Scorching triple for Hillhouse CT sr Precious Holmes, with US#3 38.22 (#12 all-time), US#2 1:30.79 (#11 all-time), and anchoring winning 4x400 effort (3:56.84).
- G-4x800/Mile: The LaSalle RI girls roar into the US#3 spot with a 9:07.28, as six run 9:31 or better. Then anchor Molly Keating comes back with a 4:54.57 victory.
- B-4x800/2-Mile: Already US#5 at 7:50.25, Chariho RI and star Mike Marsella flex their muscles with a 7:51.22 triumph, winning by five seconds over Acton-Boxborough MA’s 7:56.78. Then Marsella bounces back to a 9:16.76 victory.
- G-1k: Classical RI soph Madeleine Berkson didn’t quite make the fast heat; though she’d run 2:12 for 800, she didn’t have a sub-3:00 1k to her credit. But in the 2nd of 3 sections, she blazes a US#7 2:50.11, thought to be the 3rd best ever by a soph nationally. The fast heat sees NW Catholic CT jr Sarah Gillespie lead 3 at 2:55 or better with US#8 2:51.31, but has to settle for 2nd overall.
- G-55H: Brockton MA sr Vanessa Clerveaux took the title and snips another .01 off her PR with a US#5 7.97.
- G-HJ: US#2 leaper Dakota Dailey-Harris (5-10), the LaSalle RI sr, nets the 5-9 victory.
- B-600: Somerville MA sr Andre Rolim, already US#4 1:19.94, settles for 1:20.80 to beat SMSA CT sr Aaeron Sykes (US#10 1:21.00) and Greenwich CT sr Marcus Motill (#11 1:21.08).
- B-1k: Staples CT jr Henry Wynne prevails in US#8 2:28.30, as 9 run 2:32 or faster.
- B-HJ: Somerset MA soph Adam Couitt impresses with 6-9 victory.
- B-SP: Newton North MA sr Swardick Mayanja upholds the favorite’s role with 59-3.5 triumph.
- B-4x200: Chelmsford MA gets their 2nd sub-1:30 with a winning 1:29.83.
- G-4x200: US#5 Hope RI wins easily with a 1:41.88, just over a second off their best.
- G-55: South Burlington VT sr Mollie Gribbin starts double attempt with 7.11 victory, but is 2nd by just over an inch in the LJ.