- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN New York Writer
- 0 Shares
Super Bowl XLVIII is barely one year away.
The big game will be played on Feb. 2, 2014, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
In the week leading up to kickoff, several events will be held in the New York/New Jersey area. Let's take a look:
• Super Bowl Boulevard, the sports and entertainment hub of Super Bowl week, will stretch from 44th Street -- in the middle of Times Square -- down Broadway to 34th Street from Jan. 29-Feb. 1. It will be a free festival open to fans from around the world.
Thanks to an assortment of interactive activities, fans can throw a touchdown, catch a pass or kick a field goal. Fans also will be able to see the Lombardi Trophy on display, attend nightly concerts, take part in football clinics and competitions, obtain autographs from players and visit NFL-themed exhibits.
• The Super Bowl Media Center will be held at the Sheraton Hotel in midtown. More than 5,000 media will be credentialed for the event.
• The Friday Night Party and the annual NFL Honors awards show will take place in New York on Jan. 31.
• The NFL will work out of its league headquarters on Park Avenue.
• In New Jersey, there will be a series of activities. Media Day will be held at Prudential Center in Newark on Jan. 28. The NFL's Tailgate Party will be held at the Grandstand at the Meadowlands Racetrack in the final hours before kickoff.
• Both teams will stay at hotels in New Jersey. The NFC team will practice at the Giants' facility in East Rutherford, while the AFC team will practice at the Jets' facility in Florham Park.
Super Bowl XLVIII is barely one year away.The big game will be played on Feb. 2, 2014, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.In the week leading up to kickoff, several events will be held in the New York/New Jersey area.