- Kieran Darcy, ESPNNewYork.com
- 0 Shares
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Giants quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan had some very nice things to say about Ryan Nassib prior to practice on Tuesday.
But the rookie looked like ... well, a rookie, throwing two more interceptions as the Giants got back to work after a day off on Monday.
Both happened during 11-on-11 drills. On the first one, Nassib heaved a deep ball down the right-hand side of the field -- cornerback Charles James ran under it to make the grab.
The second one came on the final play of practice. Working in the red zone, Nassib fired a shorter pass that was intercepted by cornerback Laron Scott.
Nassib also threw two picks during Saturday's practice. But his position coach said we can expect to see better things from the rookie in the days and weeks ahead. He also lauded Nassib's work ethic, mentioning that he came in Monday for extra help even though the team was off.
"He's got a strong arm, we knew that going in," Ryan said. "I think with him getting more comfortable with the concepts, that's gonna start to show more, in terms of his accuracy. He'll be thinking less, and relying on his athleticism and that arm strength."
Other highlights/low-lights from Tuesday's practice:
* During 1-on-1 drills, WR Brandon Collins badly fooled CB Jayron Hosley on a double move for an easy touchdown. Also, wideout Kevin Hardy made a nice grab in the air with CB Charles James draped all over him.
* In 11-on-11's, RB Da'Rel Scott had a fumble, which won't help him in his attempt to be the Giants' third running back. Scott is currently listed as No. 3 on the depth chart, ahead of Ryan Torain and Michael Cox.
* Mark Herzlich, Spencer Paysinger and Keith Rivers continue to serve as the starting linebackers. But Jacquian Williams got some reps with the first unit, particularly as one of the Giants' two linebackers in the nickel package.
* Coach Tom Coughlin said there was actually too much contact during Tuesday's practice for his taste, with several players getting knocked down. "Yeah, we don’t want them on the ground," Coughlin said. "There was too much of that today."
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Giants quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan had some very nice things to say about Ryan Nassib prior to practice on Tuesday.But the rookie looked like .