- Rich Cimini, ESPN New York Jets reporter
- 0 Shares
The draft is exactly two weeks away -- a good time to break out our mock draft, the 2.0 version. Here you go, the first nine picks:
1. Chiefs -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
3. Raiders -- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
4. Eagles -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
5. Lions -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
6. Browns -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
7. Cards -- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
8. Bills -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
9. Jets -- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
Explanation: Ah, yes, a curve ball. I'm not saying I'd agree with this decision, but it would be a safe choice for new GM John Idzik, who scouted the North Carolina pro day. Cooper is the complete package and would start immediately at left guard. Cue the debate: Is a guard worth a top-10 pick? It hasn't happened since 1997. LSU OLB Barkevious Mingo still is available, and we all know they need an edge rusher, but I'm struggling with his modest production (4.5 sacks) and size (only 230+ pounds). In a perfect world, I think the Jets would love Jordan or Milliner (if they trade CB Darrelle Revis), but a slip to nine doesn't seem likely. There are a couple of defensive linemen in the mix -- Florida's Sharrif Floyd and Utah's Star Lotulelei -- but that would make three straight first-round picks on the D-line.
The draft is exactly two weeks away -- a good time to break out our mock draft, the 2.0 version. Here you go, the first nine picks:1. Chiefs -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M2.