Lunch links: Rodgers backs Tedford
November, 16, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
- Kyle Quinn could be Arizona's MVP for the next two weeks.
- Todd Graham wants to put the focus on his defense.
- Aaron Rodgers backs Jeff Tedford, calls for discount double check.
- Colorado's Will Pericak is set to break the school's consecutive starts record by a lineman.
- Chip Kelly is extremely complimentary of Stanford's defensive front. A pretty heavy story on Kenjon Barner and the meaning of the family name.
- Oregon State kicker Trevor Romaine is getting back to basics. Back at the starting QB spot, Sean Mannion needs to throw strikes.
- David Shaw calls Marcus Mariota's performances thus far "mind boggling" (in a good way). If Stanford wants legitimacy, it will have to eventually beat Oregon.
- Jim Mora and the Bruins are sticking to the "just another game" mantra.
- How USC's 50-0 win last year over UCLA could be a turning point for the rivalry. Matt Barkley could still write his own ending.
- DeVonte Christopher is looking for any way to get on the field.
- Some Washington post-practice and personnel notes.
- The Marquess Wilson situation sheds light on the question of whether colleges can be trusted with an athlete's welfare.
- Athlon Sports offers up its Pac-12 storylines for this week.