Lunch links: Mike Leach's recruiting boost
February, 13, 2013
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in moppishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion.
- Former Arizona TE Rob Gronkowski likes to party, and the Pac-12 blog seconds the perspective here. It also would add a "hush" to Gronk's disingenuous, self-righteous and boring critics.
- Remembering a former Arizona State football player, the late Tyrice Thompson.
- A California recruiting roundtable. Question: Do they eat ham and jam and spam a lot?
- A look at the Nebraska point of view on renewing a rivalry series with Colorado.
- Reconsidering Oregon's projected two-deep, which looks pretty salty to me.
- Another evaluation of Oregon State's best recruiting classes.
- Even more perspective on what the return of running back Tyler Gaffney means for Stanford.
- UCLA announces spring football dates.
- Based on the Twitter response from USC players, firing Kennedy Polamalu wasn't terribly popular in the locker room.
- Some more thoughts on Dennis Erickson joining the Utah staff.
- It appears Washington will play its spring game on April 20.
- An interesting look at how Mike Leach bolstered Washington State recruiting in a measurable way.
1:00 PM ET Washington Colorado 4:30 PM ET USC Washington State 7:30 PM ET Stanford 5 Oregon 10:30 PM ET California Oregon State 10:30 PM ET 12 Arizona 22 UCLA 11:00 PM ET 17 Utah 14 Arizona State