Lunch links: QB Goff trying to fix fumbles
October, 30, 2013
By Kyle Bonagura | ESPN.com
Four byes this week? Say it ain't so.
- Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez can relate to Cal's Sonny Dykes, who is struggling to find success in Year 1 at his new school, writes Luke Della of the Arizona Daily Wildcat.
- Arizona State co-defensive coordinator Chris Ball prepares for a return to Washington State where he spent two stints and his son is currently a student, writes Doug Haller of azcentral.com.
- Cal quarterback Jared Goff has turned to gloves to help his fumbling problem, writes Jeff Faraudo of the Bay Area Newsgroup.
- Wide receiver Paul Richardson (ankle) and running back Michael Adkins II (concussion) remain day to day as Colorado prepares for UCLA, writes John Henderson of the Denver Post.
- Oregon left guard Mana Greig went from walk-on to starter. Strong study habits and attention to detail helped Greig become the only starting offensive lineman for a BCS-conference school under 6-feet tall, writes Andrew Greif of the Oregonian.
- Oregon State right tackle Sean Harlow prepares to face his favorite childhood team and his father, former USC star Pat Harlow, is faced with split allegiances this week, writes Connor Letourneau of the Oregonian.
- USC interim coach Ed Orgeron continues to recruit with varying levels of success, writes Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.
- Arizona State quarterback Taylor Kelly will pose a tough challenge for Washington State, writes Jacob Thorpe of the Spokesman-Review.
- A shoulder sprain against Oregon left UCLA linebacker Eric Kendricks in tears when he was forced to stay on the sideline, writes Andrew Erickson of the Daily Bruin.
- A look around the Stanford program including an injury report, the upcoming number-retirement ceremony for John Elway and David Shaw's take on linebacker Trent Murphy's omission from the list of Butkus Award semifinalists, from Andy Drukarev of CardinalSportsReport.com.
12:30 3rd Qtr 25 Washington 17 Hawaii 10 Halftime South Dakota 13 3 Oregon 41 Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final Portland State 14 Oregon State 29 Final UC Davis 0 11 Stanford 45 Final Fresno State 13 15 USC 52
Final Idaho State 14 Utah 56 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38 Final Weber State 14 19 Arizona State 45