Pac-12 lunch links
November, 15, 2013
By Kyle Bonagura | ESPN.com
A final look around the Pac-12 before this weekend's games.
- Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez and Washington State outside linebackers coach Paul Volero share a long history together, writes Daniel Berk of the Arizona Daily Star.
- Arizona State receiver Richard Smith is emerging into a playmaker, writes Tyler Lockman of FoxSportsArizona.com.
- Cal vs. Colorado will be a battle of woeful defenses, writes Jeff Faraudo of the Bay Area News Group.
- Colorado kicker Will Oliver is confident despite recent woes, writes Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Ten things to know about Oregon vs. Utah, from CSN Northwest.
- Nearly two years have past since the death of Fred Thompson, but Oregon State safety Ryan Murphy keeps his friend close to his heart, writes Kevin Hampton of the Corvallis Gazette-Times.
- Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren had never been part of a game in which his team had as much success on third-and-short as the Cardinal did against Oregon, writes Andy Drukarev of CardinalSportsReport.com.
- UCLA coach Jim Mora is calling for a blackout Friday night at the Rose Bowl.
- Kicker Andy Phillips has developed into a weapon for Utah, writes Alex Markham of UteZone.com.
- After taking a lot of the blame for last year's loss to Stanford, USC's Cyrus Hobbi turned the experience into a solo performance for his theatre class. It helped him move on, writes Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.
- Washington coach Steve Sarkisian is, again, facing the biggest game of his career, writes Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times.
- Washington State safety Deone Bucannon will go down as an all-time great for the Cougars, writes Jacob Thorpe of the Spokesman-Review.