Pac-12 lunch links: Lots of draft picks today
April, 27, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Former Arizona quarterback Nick Foles' dream will shortly come true.
- Not many surprises on Arizona State's depth chart -- no resolution at quarterback. Whatever happened to linebacker Vontaze Burfict? (I'll say this: He's worth a late-round pick. Period).
- For the first time in four years, no California player was a first-round pick. But a Bear likely will be tapped today.
- President Obama makes a positive impression on Colorado coaches. When might guard Ryan Miller go in the draft?
- No first round picks for Oregon? Who cares when you beat everybody's brains out! The Ducks do have one unPleasant question (I did that all by myself).
- Oregon State fans should expect good things from San Mannion 2.0. New defensive backs coach Rod Perry, an NFL lifer, is figuring out college life.
- The funny thing is it's a surprise just two Stanford players were picked in the first round.
- This well-traveled defensive lineman is making an impression for UCLA. Has redshirt freshman Brett Hundley made his move at quarterback?
- USC has two players selected in the first round, guys who know each other well from bumping heads. More on Matt Barkley returning to USC.
- A look at Utah after its second spring practice as a Pac-12 member. Questions remain on the offensive line and at linebacker.
- A cheat sheet for understanding the math of Washington's spring game. (Me: "It was my understanding that there would be no math during the spring game.")
- Washington State: The most Jake Rodgers moment ever. I had a great Jake Rodgers in high school back in the '80s by the way.
- Maybe the BCS died because college football listened to the fans. Not sure this guy doesn't deserve some credit, too. How about a T-shirt, Dan, "I killed the BCS."
3:30 PM ET 13 Arizona State 11 Arizona 3:30 PM ET Stanford 8 UCLA