Uni Watch: More college hoops tweaks
December, 3, 2012
By Paul Lukas | ESPN.com
OK, we had our big Uni Watch college basketball season preview, and then an update with some additional uni changes, and now we have one last round of uniform tweaks for this season:
• Boise State has added a gray alternate.
• Bowling Green has added a black alternate.
• Bucknell has changed its color scheme from navy with orange trim to the other way around.
• Canisius has changed its home color from gold to white.
• Central Michigan has changed its home jersey insignia from the school name to the team name. Lots of changes to the collar and side paneling, too.
• Drake has cut down on its side paneling to achieve a cleaner, less-cluttered look.
• James Madison has gone from super-clunky to, well, not so clunky. But that new purple jersey looks more like a high school uni, no?
• LaSalle will wear 1968-69 throwbacks on Dec. 5 against Penn State. (The "Gola 15" T-shirt is a fan giveaway for that game.)
• Loyola has new outlined lettering and much busier side panels. It's hard to see, but the side panels have a repeating "LU" pattern.
• Disappointing to see that Nevada has scrapped the gold trim and gone with a clunkier typeface.
• Northern Iowa has changed to a serif font, and has also added some piping to the collar and armhole regions and made some revisions to the side panels.
• Pacific has a new orange alternate uniform.
• Providence has changed its chest lettering from white to black, and has also made several other small adjustments.
• St. Joseph's has changed its color scheme from red with gray trim to the other way around.
• And we conclude with Southern Illinois, which has changed from an old Under Armour template to a new Under Armour template.