Uni Watch contest: Redesign the Browns!
January, 17, 2013
By Paul Lukas | ESPN.com
Sharon Ellman/AP PhotoThe Cleveland Browns uniforms are getting a makeover and Uni Watch wants readers to pitch in.One of the NFL's most classic-looking teams -- or its most boring-looking team, depending on your point of view -- is headed for a face-lift.
That's the word out of Cleveland, where Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has announced that the team will be getting new uniforms for 2014. Haslam says the team's helmets won't be changed, but everything else is presumably fair game.
Naturally, we can't trust the Browns, the NFL or Nike to do this job correctly, so the task falls to you: Fire up your digital design software -- or break out your pack of magic markers, as the case might be -- and come up with a new uniform set for the Browns.
The rules are simple:
• Your entry must include a primary logo, a dark-jersey uniform and a white-jersey uniform. (If you like, you can also include secondary logos and one alternate uniform, but those aren't required.)
• Your uniform designs must include the team's current helmet, since that won't be changing. Sorry.
• Your designs can be created in any digital or analog medium (Illustrator, Photoshop, crayon, whatever) and can be submitted in any standard digital format (JPG, PDF, tiff, etc.).
• Please include your name and email address somewhere on the image file, like this. Also, your file names should include your last name (examples: Lukas.jpg, Lukas-home.pdf, etc.).
• Email your entry here. If you have more than one concept, feel free to enter as many times as you like.
• Deadline: Thursday, Jan. 31, noon ET.
The winning entries will be showcased in a future Uni Watch column. OK? OK! Now get crackin'.