Uni Watch says: Let's redesign the Vikings!
March, 29, 2013
By Paul Lukas | ESPN.com
Brace Hemmelgarn/USA TODAY SportsThe Vikings will get a new look this season and Uni Watch readers can propose their ideas.The Vikings have just announced that they'll unveil a new uniform set on April 25. So let's beat them to the punch -- just as we've done with the Dolphins, Browns and plenty of other teams, let's redesign the Vikes!
The rules are as follows:
• Your entry must include a new primary logo, a new dark-jersey uniform and a new white-jersey uniform. (If you like, you can also include secondary logos and one alternate uniform, but those aren't required.)
• Your designs can be created in any digital or analog medium (Illustrator, Photoshop, crayon, whatever) and can be submitted in any standard digital format (JPG, PDF, tiff, etc.).
• Please include your name and email address somewhere on the image, like this. Also, your image file names should include your full name (example: Paul Lukas.jpg). If you're submitting multiple files, please either number them (Paul Lukas1.jpg, Paul Lukas2.jpg, etc.) or use some other designation (Paul Lukas-home.jpg, Paul Lukas-road.jpg, etc.).
• For obvious reasons, Uni Watch's longstanding prohibition on purple will be suspended for the Vikings contest. However, entrants are not required to dress the Vikings in purple, and designs that propose a new color scheme for the team are welcome.
• Email your entry here. If you have more than one concept, feel free to enter as many times as you like.
• Deadline: Thursday, April 11, 7 p.m. ET.
The winning entries will be showcased in a Uni Watch column that will run prior to the team's unveiling. Get crackin'!