Friday's Bracketology updates
Some updates after Friday's conference tournament games:
• Texas A&M moved up two spots on the S-curve from 14 to 12 after its win over South Carolina in the SEC quarterfinals. That also elevated the Aggies from a No. 4 seed to a No. 3.
• South Carolina’s seed was unaffected by the loss to A&M, but the Gamecocks dropped from 13 to 16 on the S-curve, meaning they went from the top No. 4 seed to the final No. 4 seed.
• The advance by Texas A&M pushed Nebraska from a No. 3 seed to a No. 4 seed, despite the Cornhuskers' win over Iowa in the Big Ten quarterfinals. The Aggies moved up based on the quality of their win over a top-25 RPI opponent.
• Eastern Illinois, the top seed in the Ohio Valley Conference, was upset in the conference tournament semifinals on Friday. As a result, Tennessee Tech, which meets Tennessee-Martin in Saturday’s final, is the OVC’s new representative for now.
• Creighton joined the field as the Missouri Valley’s automatic qualifier. The Bluejays are tied with Wichita State atop the MVC standings with Saturday’s regular-season finales to go.
• With Creighton in and Wichita State out, Saint Joseph’s moved into the field as the last team in.
LAST FOUR IN
FIRST FOUR OUT
NEXT FOUR OUT
Big East (8)
Big Ten (6)
Big 12 (6)
Atlantic 10 (4)
SATURDAY'S AUTO BIDS
• Ohio Valley, 2:30 p.m. ET (ESPN3)
• Atlantic Sun, 5:30 p.m. ET (ESPN3)