Best Seat in the House
- The boys of fall are home, the leaves are changing, the sun is soaking up the summer's last rays and you need to journey into those hallowed halls in Tuscaloosa, AL where a "Bear" once roamed the sidelines. The history in Bryant-Denny Stadium begs you to pay homage to the game, its players and to the ideal it represents on any given home Saturday. Sit in section H, the home side of the stadium. You'll be within eye-shot of the same sideline where Bear Bryant once crafted masterpiece seasons. The President's box is just above you, the student section is to your right. As the sun starts move westward, a shadow is cast over your section harkening the souls of those fans and legends before you, etching your own moment in the stadium's history as the Tide roll on down the field.
- General Info: Tickets not specified as Lower Level, Upper Level 1 or Upper Level 2 may map to a less premium section.
- General Info: Suites (Skyboxes) on the North End of the stadium must be specified as Suites North Level 1 or Suites North Level 2 in order to appear on the map.
- General Info: Tickets in The Zone Skyboxes include free food and non-alcoholic beverages. Alcohol is permitted in this seating area, but it must be brought in by the ticketholder and stored in a season ticket holder locker on the Friday before GameDay between 4-6pm. Lockers are not available for non-season ticketholders. Club tickets must be specified by the seller as Nelson Club, North Club or South Club in order to appear in the map.
Buy Crimson Tide Tickets »
BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHUP
Alabama Crimson Tide vs LSU Tigers
Jan. 9, 2012 | 8:30 p.m. ET | ESPN
Stadium Guide: BCS National Championship
Year Opened: 1929 | Field Surface: Natural Grass
Bryant-Denny Stadium is named after Hall of Fame coach Paul "Bear" Bryant, who won six national titles with the Crimson Tide and was instrumental in the stadium's expansion, and George Denny, the school's former president for almost a quarter of a century.
Bryant-Denny underwent its fourth expansion in 2010, bringing the capacity to 101,821, the fifth-largest in the country.
The stadium experienced a first on Nov. 17, 1979, when ABC, with Al Michaels calling the play-by-play, aired the premiere live televised game from campus. A unique addition to the stadium was a plaza connecting the venue with University Boulevard. Known as The Walk of Champions, the plaza is a popular gathering place for fans and pays homage to the school's 13 national championships and 22 SEC titles.
Alabama has been associated with the elephant since 1930 when, according to the university's website, Atlanta sportswriter Everett Strupper referred to the Alabama linemen as elephants. Other writers would later call them Red Elephants because of the crimson uniform.
Alabama's "Million Dollar Band" is the largest single organization on the campus, according to the university website, with more than 325 members. The Million Dollar Band got its name in 1922 from Alabama alum and football manager W. C. "Champ" Pickens, who referred to the band after its raised funds for a trip to Georgia Tech. The Crimson Tide lost that game. But when asked by a sportswriter, "You don't have much of a team. What do you have at Alabama?" Pickens replied, "A million dollar band."
Alabama fans often chant the "Rammer Jammer Cheer" when victory is certain. The lyrics evolved from the school's student newspaper, The Rammer Jammer, and the state bird, the yellowhammer. The cheer starts with a "Hey" in front of the opponent's nickname and is repeated three times, then continues with, "We just beat the hell out of you! Rammer Jammer, yellowhammer, give 'em hell, Alabama!"
Source: University of Alabama
- ThursdayRain: 50%
- 41º - 54ºF
- FridayRain: 70%
- 35º - 51ºF
- SaturdayRain: 10%
- 33º - 53ºF
- SundayRain: 10%
- 38º - 62ºF
- MondayRain: 0%
- 31º - 58ºF
- NCAAF Home
- College Football Playoff National
Championship Presented By AT&T
- No. 2 Oregon vs. No. 4 Ohio State
- Playoff Semifinal: Rose Bowl Game
Presented By Northwestern Mutual
- No. 2 Oregon vs. No. 3 Florida State
- Playoff Semifinal: Allstate Sugar Bowl
- No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Ohio State
- Playoff/Bowl Information
- Bowl schedule
- Bowl overviews
- College Football Playoff National
- CFB Nation
- Odds Info