5 things you didn't know about Mo'ne Davis
By now you’ve certainly heard that Mo’ne Davis throws a 70 mph fastball. And that the 5-foot-4, 13-year-old girl has dominated the boys and led Philadelphia's Taney Dragons to the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. And that if this whole baseball thing doesn’t work out, she just might wind up pursuing a career in the WNBA.
But did you know she has a little Beyonce in her step and a little Curry in her soul?
Here are five things that you may not have heard about the Little League sensation from Philadelphia.
1. Her favorite book is “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.”
2. She lists her role models as Skylar Diggins and Maya Moore but says she would most like to meet Stephen Curry.
3. Her favorite TV show is Nickelodeon’s “Sam & Cat.”
4. Her walk-up song is "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce.
5. Her favorite food is cheesesteak. OK, you probably could have guessed that one.