After a month break for the 2012 Olympics, the WNBA postseason is starting a bit later in the year. The draft has given teams at the bottom of the standings hope, while conference powerhouses are proving their mettle in the run for the title. Before we hand the trophy to the most deserving squad, here are some burning questions I just had to ask.
• Being that the Western Conference first round consists of the last two WNBA champs, did Christmas come early for WNBA fans?
• Will Gangnam Style make an appearance in the WNBA post season?
• Will the Atlanta Dream's front office soap opera hurt them in the postseason?
• How stacked is this WNBA draft?
• How bananas will the Phoenix Mercury be when everyone is healthy and they draft one of the Big Three with the No. 1 pick in the draft?
• In her blog, Candace Parker said she has never watched the 2008 Western Conference finals game the Sparks lost to the Silver Stars on a fall-down bank shot at the buzzer by Sophia Young. If you don't learn from your past aren't you doomed to repeat it?
• Swin Cash is looking into a broadcast career. Could we catch her on the sidelines this postseason?
• More Los Angeles Sparks games means more shots of baby Lailaa on the sidelines. Who else is excited for the pintsize star?
With a top-three draft pick, will the bleeding finally stop for the Tulsa Shock?
• Do media members silently root for the Connecticut Sun to make the postseason since their arena is attached to an awesome hotel and casino?
• With bigger and better players, why is the WNBA experiencing the lowest attendance since the inception of the league in 1997?
• With an MVP, three Olympic Gold medals, four WNBA defensive player of the year awards and seven All-Star appearances, isn't it time for Tamika Catchings to add a WNBA title to her resume?
• Should Brittney Griner just move to Phoenix now?
• Shouldn't girl anthems like Fabolous' "You Be Killin 'Em" or Beyonce's "Run the World (Girls)" be the WNBA Playoffs theme song?