Birthplace: Beloit, Wis.
Siblings: Brooke (sister)
Twitter handle: @DanicaPatrick
Number of Twitter followers: 919,356 (and climbing)
Here are 15 things you don't know about Danica Patrick:
1. She is tiny: 5-foot-2 and 100 pounds. That's taller than Jada Pinkett Smith but shorter than Ashley Olsen.
2. She loves cooking. She appeared on "The Chew" and tweets with chef Mario Batali. Some of her favorite tricks? Spiking her mashed potatoes with truffle oil and using apple butter as a sweetener in oatmeal.
3. Checkered flag pose, anyone? Patrick is known to do yoga with her pit crew.
4. She's a major Will Ferrell fan; "Anchorman" is her favorite movie. She recently retweeted Brooklyn Decker's shout-out to the "Elf" funnyman: "We elves stick to the four food groups. Candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup."
5. For a quick post-workout energy shot, Danica turns to frozen banana, peanut butter and honey bites.
6. One of the reasons her Stewart-Haas Racing Sprint Cup car is emblazoned with the number 10: That's the age when she started go-karting. (Danica's younger sister, Brooke, also raced go-karts as a kid but quit after crashing four times in a race.)
7. Think sitting in the driver's seat means an easier workout? Think again: Danica works out almost daily, running for an hour a day during racing season, along with upper-body and back strength training.
8. Even with all that exercise, her thumb is known to cramp up from her Pinterest addiction.
9. She's a wanna-be rapper: A black-leather-clad Danica stars in Jay-Z's "Show Me What You Got" music video, drag-racing Jay and Dale Earnhardt Jr., along a cliff in Monaco.
10. She recently met the Obama family, including their pooch, Bo.
11. Sidelines no more: Danica was a cheerleader at Hononegah High School in Rockton, Ill. She was kicked off the squad for missing a game. (Her reason? She was go-kart racing in France.)
12. Her dad, T.J., was a snowmobile racer, and mom Bev was a first-rate snowmobile mechanic known by racers as "Captain Traction." They met on the job.
13. She is afraid of the dark, insects, being washed out to sea while swimming in the ocean and, most of all, heights.
14. She's a Salvador Dali fan.
15. Last year, she sponsored her niece's softball team in Phoenix -- the Green Machines. They were outfitted in Go Daddy green shirts and black-and-white checkered flag socks.