In a state of wonder over bowls
It's about that time again. Chestnuts are roasting on an open fire and bowl games are nipping at our nose. The BCS bosses are working to show why they are useful, and the smallest of colleges can make a big impact with one bowl win. In addition to "How the heck do they really come up with these standings?" I've got some more burning questions revolving around bowl season.
• There are five other games on the same day as the Rose Bowl. Since, it's supposed to be the granddaddy of them all, why can't it get its own special day?
• Can you promise Danica Patrick won't make an appearance on my television during the GoDaddy.com Bowl?
• Is it safe to say that the Gildan New Mexico Bowl and Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl win the awards for "Who the heck is the sponsor of this bowl game?"
• Aren't the real the winners the teams that get to play their bowl game in Hawaii?
• When Texas A&M meets up with their opponent, why don't we just call it what it really is, The Johnny Football Bowl?
• It's their first bowl game back from suspension and the USC Trojans are projected to play in the Hyundai Sun Bowl. Can you say disappointment?
• Have you ever asked yourself what could have been with LSU if Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu had got some real help?
• Who's ready for a college football playoff in 2014?
• When the playoff system begins, will BCS bigwigs get jobs at another place everyone dislikes, the DMV?
• Hey, Matt Barkley, rethinking not entering the 2012 NFL draft now?
• How many votes in Congress would it take to make the BCS championship a national holiday?
• Can someone please do a special report on what is in the sponsored goodie bags for bowl game players?