Tropicana FieldOne Tropicana Drive
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Though originally built for baseball, there have been 16 other sports and competitions played at Tropicana Field, which originally was named the Florida Suncoast Dome and later became known as the ThunderDome. The facility was renamed Oct. 4, 1996, in accordance with a naming rights agreement between the Rays and Tropicana Dole Beverages North America. Tropicana Field closed in October 1996 for a 17-month, $85 million renovation that included adding 319,000 square feet of space. The roof of the dome is lit orange after a Rays win. Unique to the stadium are a touch tank of live rays for fans to feed (free), the Ted Williams Museum & Hitters Hall of Fame (also free for fans attending games) and a cigar bar.
Soak up the scene:
This domed stadium in downtown St. Petersburg may be the antithesis of the classic ballpark, but at least the locals have a winning team on the field for the first time. The tilted roof is lit orange after a Rays win and there are live rays swimming in a tank in the outfield, which is worth a look. And a good sports bar, Ferg's, is close by. For more on the Tropicana Field experience, including a game-day itinerary, visit Wise Guides.
- The following Upper Deck sections have Bench with Back seating and may have Obstructed Views due to the stadium catwalk: 309 rows PP-SS, 310 rows PP-SS, 311 rows LL-TT, 312 rows LL-TT, 313 rows JJ-TT, 314 rows JJ-TT, 315 rows FF-QQ, 316 rows FF-QQ, 317 rows CC-LL, 318 rows CC-LL, 319 rows AA-EE and 320 rows AA-EE.
- Upper Deck sections 323 and 324 rows C-J may have Obstructed Views due to WC seating closer to home plate.
- Home Plate Club seating in sections 103 and 104 includes rows E-J.
- Home Plate Club seating in sections 107 and 108 includes rows D-J.
- Whitney Bank Club seating in sections 106, 108, 110, 112, 114, 116, 118, 120 and 122 includes rows PP-TT.
- Whitney Bank Club seating in sections 124 and 126 includes rows PP-SS.
- Fieldside Box seating in sections 101-108 includes row L only.
- Fieldside Box seating in sections 109, 110 includes rows G-L.
- Fieldside Box seating in sections 111-118 includes rows K-L.
- Fieldside Box seating in sections 119-120 includes rows B-L.
- Fieldside Box seating in sections 121-122 includes rows B-F.
- Fieldside Box seating in sections 123-126 includes row B only.
- Lower Infield Box seating in sections 101-120 includes rows M-Q.
- Lower Box seating in sections 101-120 includes rows R-Z followed by rows AA-JJ.
- Lower Box seating in sections 121-122 and 127-130 includes rows G-Z followed by rows AA-JJ.
- Lower Box seating in sections 123-124 includes rows C-Z followed by rows AA-JJ.
- Lower Box seating in sections 125-126 includes rows D-Z followed by rows AA-JJ.
- Baseline Box seating in sections 131-133 and 135 includes rows G-Z followed by rows AA-JJ.
- Baseline Box seating in sections 134 and 138 includes rows C-Z followed by rows AA-JJ.
- Baseline Box seating in sections 136-137 includes rows L-Z followed by rows AA-JJ.
- Loge Box seating in sections 107, 109, 111, 113, 115, 117, 119, 121, 123, 125 and 127-130 includes rows PP-XX.
- Loge Box seating in sections 131-132 includes rows PP-YY.
One Tropicana Drive
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
No Upcoming Games
- WednesdayRain: 20%
- 77º - 91ºF
- ThursdayRain: 30%
- 78º - 91ºF
- FridayRain: 50%
- 78º - 88ºF
- SaturdayRain: 40%
- 79º - 89ºF
- SundayRain: 40%
- 78º - 90ºF