SportsNation Blog Archives X Games
Winter X Games
The 2014 Winter X Games have kicked off in Aspen with a key person missing: Snowboarding legend Shaun White will not compete after a week of back-and-forth on the issue. White said that he regretted not being able to give his full attention to the X Games, although he does plan on competing in the Sochi Olympics in two weeks. The X Games will miss White, but there are still plenty of tricks, races and photo finishes to keep fans occupied for the event's three-day duration.
As legions of baseball fans rejoice at the return of the game on Opening Day after a long (so very long) winter, another segment of fans is slamming the game for its juiced-up players, slow pace and competitive imbalance."Playing baseball is fun, but watching it (TV or in person, I've tried both) gives me the sudden urge to stab myself in the eyeballs."
"Let me know when they get a salary cap. Not a fan of a league that allows one player to make more than an entire team."
"Baseball is done. It will never, ever return to its heights back in the day. The game is too slow, way too many games in the season, a lot of overpaid out of shape players, everyone is on something, and way too many bad teams. Theres a lot of changes the league would have to do, but never will as they are too stuck on hanging onto "tradition" of the game, which is what I believe is a big part of why its struggling."
Does this mean interest in baseball is waning? Where does the game rank right now among your favorite sports to both play and watch? Simply click on the images below to submit your ballot.
Your favorite sports
Mixed Martial Arts
Felix Baumgartner did about a million different awesome things in his record-setting skydive from the edge of space, but for our money, having the guts to step out of his capsule, look straight down, and jump trumps just about anything any other daredevil has ever done. What was your favorite part?Tags:
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 12:15 PMUFC president Dana White
- 1:00 PMMMA with Brett Okamoto
- 1:00 PMNBA Insider Chad Ford
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMSeahawks with Blount
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNHL with Katie Strang
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNASCAR with Ryan McGee
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB